Charter of Corporate Conduct
Companies are required to be useful to society, while at the same time pursuing profits through fair competition.
A pharmaceuticals company must remain a valuable entity that contributes to the health and welfare of people around the world by developing and providing excellent pharmaceuticals products.This will enable the company to play an important role in patient-oriented medicine and contribute to improvements in medicine.
Under the corporate philosophy of "cherish life and benefit society by contributing to better health," Kyorin will pay due respect to human rights both inside and outside Japan, abide by all laws, regulations, action guidelines and their spirit, and act with high ethical standards based on the following principles of action.
- Engage in R&D into new innovative drugs that contribute to improvements in medicine and that supply medical products that excel in efficacy, safety and quality. At the same time, contribute to reduce medical expenses through the development of pharmaceutical products that provide a high level of medical and economic effectiveness.
- Collaborate with medical institutions, respect the human rights of subjects, be diligent about providing safety assurances and ensure scientific rigor in clinical trials. Give due consideration to animal welfare in animal tests that need to be performed as non-clinical studies.
- Offer accurate information that has scientific support both inside and outside Japan with respect to quality, safety and efficacy and ensure prompt collection, analysis, assessment and communication in post-marketing surveillance to ensure the appropriate use of medical products.
- Through fair, transparent, and free competition, we ensure accuracy and fairness in our transactions and in the distribution of pharmaceuticals, the kind of products that concern people’s lives. We also maintain sound and normal relations with healthcare providers, stockholders, investors, employees, clients, local communities, governments, and local administrations.
- Kyorin shall give sufficient care for appropriately protecting personal information and customer information and implement thorough measures.
- Maintain appropriate and extensive communication with healthcare providers, stockholders, investors, employees, clients, and local communities. In this way, we disclose corporate information in a fair and proactive manner.
- We understand that a commitment to environmental issues is a mission for all humankind and is an imperative component of the activities and very existence of corporations. We remain voluntarily and proactively committed to environmental actions through our EHS activity.
- In addition to respecting the diversity, personality, and individuality of each employee, we engage in EHS activities to prevent labor accidents and protect the health of employees, with the aim of creating a working environment where employees find their job rewarding, safe, and personally enriching. It is the responsibility of a business to encourage employees to develop both their ethics and their skills.
- Kyorin shall engage actively in social contribution activities as good corporate citizens.
- Kyorin shall decisively confront antisocial factions and organizations that threaten the order and safety of civic society.
- When conducting business activities overseas, Kyorin shall not only abide by local laws and codes of conduct but also pay due respect to the local culture and customs, and conduct business activities that could contribute to regional development.
- Senior management of Kyorin shall recognize its duty to embody the spirit of the Action Charter, provide example by leadership and make it fully known not only within the company and Group companies but also among business partners. At the same time, senior management shall listen to voices heard inside and outside of the company, develop effective in-house organizations and take action to ensure that corporate ethics are firmly established.
- In the event that situations that violate the Action Charter arise, senior Kyorin management will take the initiative in resolving the issue and strive to identify the causes and prevent recurrence. Senior management shall also promptly disclose appropriate information to society, achieve accountability, clearly announce authority and responsibilities, and then take strict disciplinary actions, including those targeting themselves.
Revised October 1, 2010
KYORIN Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.